What is SKU Swap?
With SKU swap, you can offer a free trial, or starter kit to your customers, then automatically swap their subscription to a different price or product! You can set up a SKU swap to change the SKU, the Shopify Variant, the price, and even update when the next order will go through.
You can set up as many SKU swaps per product that you need to fulfill your subscription needs, or even set up none at all. The choice is yours.
How do I setup a SKU swap?
- Go to your Skio Dashboard.
- Click on Products on the left-hand menu.
- Click on the product you want to set up the SKU swap on.
- Under the subscription plan, click Edit SKU Swap.You'll need to set up a SKU Swap for each different subscription plans you offer. Meaning that if you have the option for customers to subscribe every 30 days and every 60 days, you'd need to create the SKU swap under each option.
- Click Add SKU Swap which will create the field for the SKU swap.
- From here, you'll complete the form based on what you want completed. If you want a price update, update the price in the New price for all future orders field. If you want to change over the product entirely, update the Product variant GID or SKU to swap.
- Once you've set up the swaps you want to occur, click Save.
What if I want the first swap to occur a few orders after the first?
For this, you'd click "Add SKU Swap" until you see the right "After order #" card appear, then you'd enter the details of the swap there. You can leave the previous cards as blank.