- Video walkthrough
- Step-by-step guide
- What is a group referral?
- Group referrals is a built-in Skio feature that incentivizes subscribers to refer friends and family to sign up for a subscription
- Every person in the group will get an additional discount for all recurring orders as long as everyone stays subscribed
- Does this work independently from other referral or loyalty programs?
- Yes! Group referrals are a built-in Skio tool that can work with your current loyalty program
- Can I have more than 4 people in a group?
- Right now we cap groups at 4 people to avoid discount abuse
- Can I customize the referral link?
- Yes! Right now the referral link takes the referee directly to the checkout with a prefilled cart to increase conversions, but we can edit this link so the referee can choose a different product
Step 1: Understanding group referrals
- Group referrals are an excellent way to acquire new customers while also increasing retention rates of your current subscribers
- The classic “give $10, get $10” is hard to pull off and rarely improves retention rates…no stickiness!
- With group referrals, the more friends added to the group (up to 4) the more the whole group saves
Step 2: Configuring group referral settings
- Choose the discount %, this is incremental
- Choose whether you want to offer a $ or % discount
- (Optional) change the group name
- What’s a group name?
- We use group names to link products together
- so if the group names for all your products are the same then it doesn’t matter what product you order because you’ll join the group
- If you change the group names, then only products with the same group name will be linked