- Video walkthrough
- Step-by-step guide
- What is the cancellation flow in Skio?
Skio allows you to customize cancellation reasons, offer incentives to prevent cancellations, and track saved subscriptions
- How can I customize the cancellation flow?
Merchants can customize each cancellation reason, the rebuttal message, and the discount offered to prevent cancellations
- Can I offer an incentive to prevent cancellation?
Yes! Merchants can setup a discount incentive when a subscriber tries to cancel with a built-in cooldown window to prevent abuse
- Can I track cancellation data?
Yes! Both cancellation reasons and metrics on saved subscriptions are tracked in Skio
Setting up the cancel flow in Skio
Step 1: Choose cancellation reasons
- On the left side of the page, choose up to 10 cancellation reasons to identify why subscribers are cancelling
- Note: An “other” section will appear automatically as a cancellation reason and will ask the subscriber to type in a note to explain their cancellation reason
- Cancellation reasons are added to each subscription
- Merchants should try to have at least 5 cancellation reasons
Step 2: Choose message rebuttals
- On the right side of page, choose up to 10 different cancellation rebuttals which will be displayed based upon the cancellation reason a subscriber chooses
- A rebuttal is a message that will populate after the cancellation reason is shown and before the discount incentive is offered
- Rebuttals are a great tool to educate subscribers about different actions they can take within the customer portal (swaps, custom shipping intervals if enabled, etc)
Step 3: Choose discount incentive & cooldown window
- After a subscriber is shown their rebuttal reason, Skio can trigger an incentive discount that will apply to the next order to help prevent cancellations
- The discount can be setup as a dollar off discount ($) or percentage off discount (%)
- To prevent discount abuse, Skio offers a cooldown window which disables the discount incentive for a set number of days
Step 4: Recommendations
- With Skio, merchants can track cancellation reasons by product, the number of canceled subscriptions, and the number of saved subscriptions that started the cancellation flow and never cancelled
- It is good practice to track cancellation reasons and update the reasons over time to better match the distribution of reasons
- Cancellation reasons should be used to help understand different cohorts of subscribers
- Tracking cancellation reasons can be used for email flows to develop winback campaigns
- Cancellation reasons can help to improve the top-of-funnel