Updated by Timothy Fraser
- Setup Instructions
- Subscription orders falling on the same day to the same customer can be merged into a single order.
- This simplifies and saves costs on shipping and lowers the environmental impact where possible.
When turned on, Skio will automatically merge multiple subscription orders for a customer that fall within 24 hours of each other into a single order when it sends the information to Shopify based on the following limitations.
- Both subscriptions are subscribe and save.
- Note: this feature does not work with prepaid subscriptions.
- Both subscriptions are being shipped to the exact same address.
- Both subscriptions do not include a dynamic custom box.
- Both subscriptions need to be active.
- Both subscriptions need have the same payment method.
- Delivery price has not been overridden.
- There is not a shipping discount on either subscription.
When orders are merged a Klaviyo trigger 'subscriptionAutoMerged' will be sent and the merge is noted in the audit log for the customer.
Enable auto-merge in the dashboard settings (Skio > Settings).
How do I know if subscriptions have been merged?
You can see a full list of subscriptions that were auto merged by exporting the audit log and selecting "Subscription billing auto merged". The system will also trigger a Klaviyo flow "Subscription billing auto merged".
In Shopify, this is how a merged order will appear: