- What is it?
- Why should I use it?
- How do I set it up?
- What should I be aware of?
- What does this look like?
What is it?
This feature allows customers to have greater flexibility in receiving their orders, in that they can arrange local delivery or local pickup for their subscriptions.
Why should I use it?
When customers are located close to your business, you can offer local delivery or pickup methods for them to receive their subscriptions. This can speed up your fulfillment time and create a better experience for your customers.
How do I set it up?
This works out of the box, so all you have to do is set up local delivery and pickup in your Shopify settings. The link to Shopify’s help documentation on this can be found here.
What should I be aware of?
- Once a subscription is set to local pickup, it cannot be changed back to normal shipping or local delivery.
- If a merchant deletes the local pickup option while a subscription is set to local pickup, the subscription will fail to bill and manual intervention will be required.
- The “Update Subscription Shipping Price” feature does not work for local pickup, although pickup should be free when merchants set it up.
- If a subscription is set to local delivery and the merchant deletes the local delivery option or changes the subscription shipping address to an address outside of the local delivery area, the subscription will fail to bill and manual intervention will be required.
- The “Update Subscription Shipping Price” feature works as expected for local delivery, allowing merchants to set up a fixed rate for local delivery.
What does this look like?