- Setup Instructions
- Multiple subscriptions for a single customer can be merged.
- This simplifies billing and shipping for a customer who has multiple subscriptions but wants them all to be billed together
Enable merge subscriptions in the dashboard settings.
How to Use
In the customer portal, a subscriber can merge their subscription if the setting has been enabled in Skio Settings. Once enabled, a "merge subscription" option appears in the customer portal. Here are the steps a user would take to merge their subscription:
- Select “Merge subscription”
- Pick one or more subscriptions to merge into the current subscription
- Click merge
- Notice the subs are immediately updated (the merged from subs are canceled, and the existing sub is updated with the migrated products and associated discounts as well as rules applied).
- If max cycles have been set, they both must match
- Currency for both subscriptions matches
- Only active subscriptions can be merged.
Setup is easy, simply toggle on the setting according to your needs. Skio allows you to merge the subscriptions by the subscriber (in the customer portal). Here's how to toggle on the settings found in Skio > Settings:
How to Use
In the customer portal, a subscriber can split their subscription if the setting has been enabled in Skio Settings. Once enabled, a "split subscription" option appears in the customer portal. Here are the steps a user would take to merge their subscription:
- select “split subscription”
- Select the products that should be split into a separate subscription
- Once the user clicks "split" the products selected will appear in a new subscription
If a subscription is not eligible to be split the option will not appear. Here are the conditions where splitting a subscription is ineligible:
- Any prepaid subscriptions
- Containing a one time upsell
- Surprise and delight products are added
- Discounts are applied to the subscription