- The Inventory policy in your Skio Dashboard allows you, as a merchant, to control what happens when a subscription item is out of stock.
What is the Inventory policy?
Skio also provides a setting for Inventory policy, which determines what happens when a subscription product is out of stock.
There are three options:
- Place order anyways
When Place order anyways is selected, the order will be sent to Shopify to be fulfilled with all products, regardless of the product being in stock or not.
- Only order items in stock
When Only order items in stock is selected, any items that are out of stock will be temporarily removed from the next order for that customer's subscription and added back in for the following. If the entire subscription is out of stock, the subscription will be retried at the next interval.
- Retry entire subscription the next day
When Retry entire subscription the next day is selected, this means that the order will only go through if all items are in stock, otherwise, it'll be withheld and retried until all items are.
How do I set up the Inventory policy?
- Go to your Skio Dashboard
- Click on Account > Settings on the left-hand menu
- Click Billing and Orders in the top menu bar
- Select the desired option from the drop down
- Click Save at the top, and you're done! This policy will now apply to all future subscription orders.
An order was placed with a product that's out of stock. How come?
There are one of two reasons why this could be happening:
- This product or variant doesn't have inventory management set up in Shopify. If this is the case, you'll want to set this up in your Shopify account.
- When the order was placed by Skio, there was availability on this product. In your Shopify account, there is an option to see the inventory adjustments so what changed the inventory levels and when.
If both of these look normal, and it still happened, please reach out to our team for further assistance.