- Setup Instructions
- Subscriptions can now be paused in Skio's platform
- Our pause feature empowers merchants to help customize the subscription experience even further
- Pausing a feature put an indefinite hold on the subscription until you or the subscriber unpauses the subscription
How to Setup
Setup is easy, simply toggle on the setting according to your needs. Skio allows you to pause the subscription (in Skio Admin), by the subscriber (in the customer portal), or both (in Skio Admin and the customer portal). Here's how to toggle on the settings found in Skio Account > Settings > Skio Labs:
How to Use
On the subscription page for a subscription, a "pause subscription" button will appear once the setting has been toggled on for "enable in dashboard" in the Settings page. Simply click the pause subscription button to pause the subscription. Once it's paused, the subscription will need to be unpaused before another order will process. Here's the user flow to pause in the merchant dashboard:
In the customer portal, a subscriber can pause their subscription if the setting has been enabled in Skio Settings. After the subscriber pauses their subscription, their next charge date will disappear. Once they unpause their subscription, they can choose to click "order now" to process their order or they can select a date in the future. Here's the user flow to pause in the customer portal:
Will orders still process for paused subscriptions?
- No! A paused subscription will not process any orders until the subscription is unpaused
How can we track paused subscriptions?
- Skio is working on providing these in our analytics and exports; if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in the meantime
How can we remind subscribers to unpause?
- Skio built out a "pause" and "unpause" notification available in Klaviyo as well as our other integrations