What is SKU Swap?
With SKU swap, you can offer a free trial, or starter kit to your customers then automatically swap their subscription to a different price or product. You can set up a SKU swap to change the SKU identifier, the Product Variant, the price, and even update when the next order will go through.
You can set up as many SKU swaps per product that you need to fulfill your subscription needs.
How do I setup a SKU swap?
- Go to your Skio Dashboard.
- Click on Automations on the left-hand menu.
- Click on New Automation in the top-right corner.
- Add a Name and Description(optional) for your SKU Swap.
- Select a Subscription type.
- Select the Trigger you'd like to use. After checkout will apply to the customers second order, After recurring order applies to the customers third order and beyond, After a product is added applies only if a certain product is added to the customers subscription.
- Add Conditions.
- Add Actions Swap product variant. Select the product you want to swap out in the Old product box and the product you want it to be replaced with in the New product box.
- Click Save changes before leaving the page.
What if I want the first swap to occur a few orders after the first?
Using the Condition section of Automations you can add set up the SKU Swap a number of ways to delay the action. One example is using the Order number condition, which will update the SKU once a customer has hit a certain order number in their subscription cycle.